When considering where to retire in Australia, it’s important to make the right choice. Here are 3 important reasons to choose Eleebana Shores Retirement Village in the Newcastle, NSW region:
One of Newcastle’s best features is its transport infrastructure and accessibility. Newcastle is accessible by:
- Car: Newcastle is an easy two-hour journey to Sydney by car, and the beautiful vineyards and rolling hills of the Hunter Valley are just a short drive away.
- Air: The airport is located just half an hour out of town, and offers regular flights operated by Jetstar, Virgin Australia, REX and Qantas Link.
- Rail: Newcastle is well serviced with rail links. Regular trains run to Sydney as part of the City Rail Network, while intercity and regional services run to Maitland, Scone and Dungog, as well as further afield along the east coast.
- Getting around town: A free bus service operates within Newcastle’s city centre, while buses and ferries connect the central business district to the suburbs and surrounding areas. Eleebana Shores Retirement Village has regular bus excursions in the area.
Things to do
With a temperate climate and average daily temperatures ranging from 17 – 28 degrees, you will want to spend time enjoying the outdoor lifestyle Newcastle has to offer.
- You will find 345 parks in and around Newcastle, as well as five swimming pools and of course gorgeous beaches.
- Lake Macquarie is on the doorstep, with a yacht club, walking paths and many opportunities to take your tinny out for a fish! Just a lovely spot to sit next to and enjoy the view and fresh air.
- There’s many golf clubs in the area – spoilt for choice!
- Arts and culture plays a big part in the Newcastle region
- Weekend markets
- Good cafe culture – be social and grab a coffee with friends while taking in great views
- Shopping – You will be spoilt for choice when it comes to shopping in Newcastle, with everything from high-end designer labels to unique speciality stores and the department stores we all know and love located within the city.
Newcastle is home to essential health and community services. John Hunter Hospital, John Hunter Children’s Hospital and Calvary Mater Newcastle, three tertiary referral hospitals which offer a high standard of care and expertise, are located in the city, reducing the need for residents to travel to Sydney.
So what are you waiting for? Now might be just the time to consider a move to this thriving city. Eleebana Shores Retirement Village is based in Eleebana – right next to Lake Macquarie and only a short drive to Newcastle.